Travel across the Great Karoo’s arid landscapes by train, from Jacaranda City to the Mother City on the Rovos Rail Cape Town journey. On this sojourn, the train will depart Rovos Rail station and travel towards Kimberley, where guests will visit the Big Hole and the Diamond Mine Museum. The train will then travel to Matjiesfontein, and travellers will get the opportunity to explore this historic village with a rich history waiting to be discovered. The journey boasts picturesque views of mountain ranges and the Cape winelands, and these scenes can be admired from the comfort of the train. Cape Town is the final destination on the journey. Travellers may see Table Mountain as the train arrives at Cape Town Station. (available in reverse.)
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.
Cape Town Journey Highlights
A popular highlight on the Cape Town journey is the visit to Kimberley, where travellers will get to see the Diamond Mine Museum and the Big Hole – the largest man-made excavation in the world. Other highlights include a visit to the Victorian village of Matjiesfontein, and Cape Town, where travellers will get to see Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s head, as well as the winelands of the Cape.
- Jacaranda City.
- Kimberley’s Big Hole.
- Kimberley Diamond Museum.
- Klein Karoo.
- Great Karoo.
- Cape Winelands.
- Cape Town.
Cape Town Journey Rates
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Travel Experts for the best, most current rates available.
- 24-hour Full room service and bar facilities.
- Entrance fees to places of interest.
- Excursions accompanied by a qualified tour guide.
- All meals and beverages.
- Golf activities inclusive of green fees, golf carts, halfway house and beverages.
- Government tax.
- Limited laundry service.
- International flights.
- Airport taxes.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Items of a personal nature.