First stops are Kloofeind and Barkley West with two full days of shooting while our leisure guests enjoy a tour of Bloemfontein and a visit to a cheetah-breeding facility. Continuing west to Kimberley, hunters enjoy two days of shooting with a day’s break to join guests for a tour of this historic town. The train travels north to Warrenton where hunters revel in a full day out while our other guests visit the McGregor Museum and William Humphreys Art Gallery. Then it’s on to Kameel and Mareetsane with two full days of shooting while non-hunters enjoy game drives. After a memorable 1400-kilometre safari in the bush, the train departs for journey’s end at Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria.
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.
Hunting Safari Highlights
This panoramic eight-day sojourn, designed by Rovos Rail for bird shooters, plains game hunters and non-hunters, commences in Pretoria and winds its way to the western reaches of South Africa.
- PRETORIA – Jacaranda City, Magaliesberg Mountains.
- MAREETSANE – Mafikeng, game drive.
- KAMEEL – Game drive, Anglo Boer War sites, Bushmen Engravings.
- WARRENTON – McGregor Museum visit, lunch Protea Hotel, William Humphreys Art Gallery visit.
- KIMBERLEY – City tour, Big Hole and Diamond Mine Museum visit, lunch Kimberley Club, Wintershoek rehabilitation centre visit, Traditional barbeque, game drive.
- BLOEMFONTEIN – City tour, Anglo Boer War Museum visit, Fourth Raadsaal and Women’s Monument visit, Cheetah breeding facility visit, Oliewenhuis Art Museum visit.
Hunting Safari Rates
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Travel Experts for the best, most current rates available.
Plains Game Guns
- 24-hour Full room service and bar facilities.
- Entrance fees to places of interest.
- Excursions accompanied by a qualified tour guide.
- All meals and beverages.
- Golf activities inclusive of green fees, golf carts, halfway house and beverages.
- Government tax.
- Limited laundry service.
- International flights.
- Airport taxes.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Items of a personal nature.