This nine-day sojourn begins in Pretoria, where the train will depart Rovos Rail Station and travel to Kimberley, where travellers will get the opportunity to explore the Big Hole and visit the Diamond Museum. The train will transverse the Northern Cape to the Fish River Canyon and Garas Park near Keetmanshoop in Namibia. Guests will be treated to breath-taking views as the train travels across the Kalahari Desert to Namibia’s cosmopolitan capital, Windhoek. After this, travellers will board a light aircraft and fly to Sossusvlei, where they will enjoy an overnight stay. The train will then travel to Etosha National Park for a thrilling game drive and an overnight stay. The view on the last leg of the trip is exquisite as the train traverses the Namib. The journey will end in Walvis Bay in Namibia. (Available in reverse.)
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.
Namibia Safari Highlights
Highlights on the journey include the Kalahari Desert – a semi-arid savannah known as the home of the San or Bushmen peoples. Namibia is also a highlight on any journey, as this diverse country is home to many naturally beautiful vistas. The capital of Windhoek is vibrant and bustling, and the city houses many interesting historical buildings. Travellers will also visit the Etosha National Park – a game-filled park home to 114 mammal species. The game drive on the trip is bound to boast views of lion, cheetah, leopard, zebra, wildebeest and hyena.
- Kimberley Big Hole and Diamond Mine Museum.
- Kalahari Desert.
- Fish River Canyon.
- Windhoek, capital of Namibia.
- Sossusvlei – largest sand dunes.
- Desert dinner and bush drive.
- Etosha National Park and game lodge.
- Etosha Pan.
- Namib Desert.
Namibia Safari Rates
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Travel Experts for the best, most current rates available.
- 24-hour Full room service and bar facilities.
- Entrance fees to places of interest.
- Excursions accompanied by a qualified tour guide.
- All meals and beverages.
- Golf activities inclusive of green fees, golf carts, halfway house and beverages.
- Government tax.
- Limited laundry service.
- International flights.
- Airport taxes.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Items of a personal nature.